11 May, 2012

Hello Milspouse Appreciation Day Bloghop 2012!

Welcome! I'm Anastasia, and I'm glad you came to check out the Wild Blue Wonders here at my blog.



 In a nutshell: I'm a homework helper, mess cleaner, food preparer, stuff sorter and lost-thing-finder, a runner, a gardener, a patch sewer-on-er and word maker-upper.

What does that mean? I'm an Air Force wife and stay at home mom to my three kiddos, who are known around here as the Wise Owl, Persistence, and the Junior, ages 10, 6, and 3. 



 I like to cook and eat, and I especially like to cook and eat things that I grow. I try to keep it healthy but I know how to indulge too. And with all that food love going on it's a good thing I love running and working out as well!

There's a lot of cleaning. But sometimes I have helpers.  We use a lot of non toxic "greener" cleaners (like baking soda and good old fashioned elbow grease).



I do a little bit of sewing here and there, but usually my sewing machine only gets brought out when the Hubby needs patches sewn on his uniforms. But I sure am proud to be able to sew those patches on for him. 



My blog is about a little bit of all of that. The title Wild Blue Wonders is a play on the first lines of the Air Force song "Here we go, into the Wild Blue Yonder, flying high, into the sun..." Here you can find my perspective on parenting and on life. There's a lot of me just sharing my joy. And coming soon, more posts about our project this year to clear out the stuff we don't need to live a simpler (and better) life, and how I am managing to do that with kids.

So feel free to stay a while and look around. And I love comments, so please leave me one!

Happy Military Spouse Appreciation day. A might thanks to all my fellow military spouses, for all your service and sacrifices. And one more thanks to the HH6Diva and Wife on the Roller Coaster for hosting the blog hop!




22 comments:

  1. I love your blog background and your enthusiasm for keeping things simple.. Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I discovered your blog via the Milspouse Blog Hop...You have a beautiful family and an adorable blog! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better via your blog. :) Hope your weekend is Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anastasia!

    I'm visiting from the MilSpouse Blog Hop! Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day to you!

    I am super envious of your sewing skills.. I am been contemplating purchasing a sewing machine for a while and teaching myself how to sew, but I'm cheap and I worry about spending the money on a sewing machine and never learning how to use it.. I'm a worrier at heart and a work in progress!

    It's so nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from the blog hop. :)
    Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey it's nice to meet you! I enjoyed your introduction & am your newest follower!

    Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to meet you, Anastasia! I'm Kristen, a fellow AF wife. What a beautiful, refreshing space you have here. We just finished building a beautiful new garden box, so I'm super excited to be planting lots of veggies and fruits this summer. Looks like you're the girl to ask should I have questions? :)

    Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day ~ *you* are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day! I totally agree on trying to live simpler. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day! Love that you are embracing a green and healthy lifestyle! Newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. CAme over from the BlogHop! I need to run or workout more, than my "indulgences" wouldn't be making it hard for me to button up my pants, hahaha! You're family is adorable! Have a happy Mother's Day and Happy MilSpouse Appreciation Day!!

    xoxo
    hillary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day!!
    I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You think you could teach me how to sew? ;) I've got a shiny new machine and no clue how to use it. It just sits there taunting me! Happy Milspouse Appreciation Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Mothers Day weekend! Visiting from the hop. Hope youre getting spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple is good! I just wish I could clean without elbow grease. :)

    Visiting from Military Spouse Appreciation hop and now following you. Please stop by and visit when you get a chance. I host Weekend Blog Walk and would love to have you join in. http://www.athometake2.blogspot.com

    Jessica @ At Home Take 2

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice to meet you Anastasia!! You have such a beautiful family!!! I am going to have to learn from you how to sew on the hubs patches! I just got a new sewing machine but still I cant find classes anywhere here in Olympia to teach me. I can't wait to read more about your blog and future posts! Happy Early Mother;s Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you have a great Mother's Day & Happy Military Spouses Appreciation Day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog name! So fun to find other Air Force wives. Happy (belated) MilSpouse Appreciation Day!
    -Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to meet you too! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks so much for stopping by my blog! you have beautiful kids!i think it's so awesome to eat what you grow. i ate a radish out of my garden recently, first thing i've ever eaten that i grew myself and i was quite proud. :) happy mother's day and milspouse appreciation day (belated)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for joining in on the blog hop! And sorry it took me so long to come and visit. It was great reading your party post and getting to know you a little more. :) Hope you had fun visiting the other ladies on the list and that you had a fabulous Mil Spouse Appreciation Day!!!

    xoxo
    Roller Coaster
    http://www.ridingtherollercoaster.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! I am a little late from the BlogHop but I wanted to say that you have a beautiful family! It was nice to meet you! So Happy belated military spouse appreciation day and Mother's Day!!!! Amanda

    mickandmackarmyadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't find you in the blog hop. I am not sure exactly what one is, but I will have to find out. It sounds like a good way to get more people reading and commenting on each other's blogs.

    I actually have a June contest to encourage people to find and follow the blogs of more people. If you want to check it out, just go to poetrysansonions.blogspot.com and scroll down to the June 1, 2012 post.

    Hope your summer is starting well!

    ReplyDelete